Important: Any changes to approval settings must be submitted to Routable’s support team. To contact us, please log into your Routable account and open a chat on the bottom right corner of the page. You are not able to make changes on your own, yet.
Getting Started with Approvals
To enable approval settings for your account, please contact the Routable support team with the following details:
- Preference to enable approvals for Payables, Receivables, or both.
- Payment minimum amount(s) to trigger approvals for each level.
- Names of team members who should be approvers at each level.
- Whether you require Any or All of the specified team members to approve a specific level.
Single Level Approvals
You can set up a single level of approvals on your Payables and/or Receivables.
This setting will require one or more team members to approve payments or invoices over a certain amount. For example:
- Any Payable over $500 requires approval from Angela or Oscar
- Any Receivable over $1000 requires approval from Angela and Oscar
If your team has more complex approval flows, you can set up multiple levels of approvals, for increasing dollar amounts at each level, that require subsequent approvals from different members of your team.
With each approval level, you can require approval from Any of the listed team members for that level, or you can require approval from All of the listed team members for that level.
For example, you can set up your account so that:
- Any Payable over $1,000 requires a first level approval from either Angela or Oscar.
- Any Payable over $2,000 requires a second level approval from both Michael and Andy.
In this scenario, a payable for $1,200 can be approved by either Angela or Oscar.
However, a payable for $2,500 would require:
- First level approval from either Angela or Oscar.
- Second level approval from both Michael and Andy.
Learn More About Approvals
Please reach out to Routable support for more details regarding approval settings. Our team is happy to assist!